Sunday, April 7, 2013

EGOtorial: Lazy & Healthy Cooking?!

Hi Egos, it's been a while since I talked about making food right? That doesn't mean that I'm not cooking anymore though :D Just yesterday I made another smoothie.

Today I made chicken with rice and spinach. Since I really didn't have much time for cooking (I had to tidy up my apartment, do some laundry and take a shower) I decided to go with a lazy version of it. Here is what I did.

Step 1: Go grocery shopping!


I did that yesterday already since today is Sunday and the shops are closed. This is probably the most logical step though. If you don't have any ingredients you can't cook. So this is what you're going to need:
  • rice
  • marinated chicken
  • spinach (frozen one)
Step 2: Cook your rice using a rice cooker!

Frankly I think that everybody should have a rice cooker. Rice is good for your body and this little thingy gets the job done without any trouble. No burned rice corn whatsoever. ;-) Plus you can use it to cook vegetables without losing their vitamins. Sounds great right?

Step 3: Roast your chicken in the oven!


On youtube there is this asian muscle guy who does videos on how to gain muscles (No, I don't know why I watch his videos :D). In one video he says that he precooks his meals for the week and that he roasts his chicken using the oven. That ensures that the chicken gets done faster since the warmth doesn't only come from the pan but also from all around the chicken. It's an oven after all. So after fighting with the packaging:

I had to cut all around the meat to get the chicken out of there!
I put the meat in the pan and then in the preheated oven. Is it just me or does chicken look especially gross when it's raw?


I told you to buy marinated chicken in step 1. The reason for that is that the chicken will have a better taste and you won't have to season it any further.

Step 4: Put your spinach in the microwave!


Make sure you put a lid on it because the spinach might spatter and then you'll have to clean up the mess afterwards.

Step 4: Serve and eat!


I know spinach isn't sexy food but I like the taste :D I think that the whole process took me around 5 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes until it was all done. I checked in the middle and turned the chicken so that both sides would get nice and brown.

This is a quick, lazy but very healthy at the same time recipe. You got the rice that will fill your stomach, chicken which gives you energy (if you're spending a lot of time at the gym the way I have recently you really need that) and the spinach that gives you a few vitamins though I don't really know what kind of vitamins spinach has. Taste good at least :D

One last photo of the chicken because I'm so overwhelmed by the result. The marinade was so delicious and the chicken didn't dry out or anything!

C U Egos!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...