Tuesday, May 14, 2013

EGOtalk: When your Grandma asks about your BOYFRIEND!

Hi Egos, I've got the perfect topic for another EGOtalk! As you all know everything that happens in my life or every thought that buggs me will be converted into a post here!

So this is what happened: I recently talked to my grandma (total surprise after reading the title, right?! :D) on the phone. We were talking about how things were and all. I'm so bad with keeping in touch via telephone. Most of the people I know from my hometown use social network sites. Even though my grandparents can easily write emails they still prefer an oral conversation. However I just tend to forget calling regularly. It's one of these things you should do right when you're thinking about them and not postpone it until later. The good thing about that is that there are a lot of things to share in the end.

Of course do I send my grandparents random pictures of mysellf and my sister :D
Anyways my grandma and I talked about work, health (she's reached that age where she can talk a lot about diseases) until the apparently most favourite question of all my relatives popped up: Cathy is there no young man in your life?

How I love that question... It's a good question however it's answer is very complexe. I'm a young person and our generations are quite a few years apart. There are bound to be some things that she did differently back in her time. I'm in no mood to talk about all the details why I'm not in a relationship right now. So I did what everyone would do in my position: Evade answering. :-D

I guess it won't work for mush longer since I'm getting to THAT age. You know that age when people start expecting you to have a "serious relationship" that lasts longer than 3 months. Well let's see what the next couple of months bring :-D Everything can change in an instant. However I can already picture our conversation once there really is a boyfriend to discuss. I guess  there will be a bunch of more things that I don't really want to talk about with her.

Before this article ends why don't we listen to this very appropriate song right here?



C U Egos!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...