Monday, July 29, 2013

My New Aparrtment: Living in Chaos!

Hi Egos! The moment we've all been waiting for has finally come: I moved in my new apartment this past weekend! It was hard, exhausting, a bit annoying and funny too. But first things first!

I couldn't really start packing until Thursday because we didn't have any cardboard boxes which made me pretty nervous. However one of my sister's friends collected 13 of them and gave them to us. With that I could easily pack most of our stuff. :-) Clothes and shoes were packed in sacks. :-P

 You need music to pack!


Packing and packing...

Saturday morning our dad, my sister and I went to get the van. I had rented a big van so that we wouldn't have to drive back and forth.  While I am a very inexperienced driver my dad can drive these big cars in his sleep. So that was a good thing and something I didin't have to worry about.

Around 9:30 AM the first helpers arrived and we quickly packed the van. By 11 AM we were ready to drive over to the new apartment and unpack aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall of it again. Going to the gym regularly apparently doesn't provide me with engough strength to carry relatively heavy boxes all day... But that couldn't be helped! I wanted this thing done so we gave it our all!

No room to sit but so much to unpack!

Around noon we went back to the old apartment and packed the few things that didn't fit in on our first tour. It was nice to know that the hardest part of project "My New Apartment" would soon be over! Around 2 PM we had finally done it! It was time for our break.

The walk-in closet is nowhere near done!

I think that unpacking is something that apartment owners should do themselves. Otherwise you'll forever look for things. Another thing is that it's kind of uncomfortable for me to have other people stare at my things and stuff. So there were only a few smaller things left to do for our helpers. Luckily we had a couple of men around that knew a lot about manual work. They quickly installed our lamps (I learned how to do that too because we're missing 3 more lamps and I want to be able to do that on my own. ) and set up my sister's bed and my closet. They even asked me to go and buy stuff I had no clue about. Do any of you know about screws and such things? xD

 My dad is there for technical support :D

4 people trying to put the pieces together :D

Anyways by the end of the day I finally had some peace. I was mentally and physically exhausted. As much as I like being the center of attention and bossing people around at some point I just wanted to be left alone. I'm very capable of self-teaching. Everthing that still needs to be done will be done in due time. I'm just really grateful that everybody helped me carry our stuff in our new apartment. =)

Here are some more photos of the chaos we're living in right now :D

 My sister's room

 Bathroom

 Kitchen

Corridor

My room... Yes my bed is still missing but at least I've got a mattress. :-D

I'll keep you posted on the progress =) There is still so much to do but at least now the good part starts. Everything I do now will put my unique stamp on our apartment and make it a real home.

C U Egos!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...