Sunday, November 17, 2013

EGOtalk: How To Find Your Own Motivation To Study!

Hi Egos, it's time for another uplifting talk, don't you think so? I'm in the midst of preparing for my final exams - seriously once those are finished it's really over :D. While I do realize that is a crucial moment for my future I find it hard to get up and go through all the materials for more than 30 minutes.

I'm not sure what the problem is. It could be that I know most of that stuff - but "most of" it isn't good enough. It could also be that my constant "I can do that tomorrow too"-attitude is getting in the way. When I think about it rationally then I've had 2 very relaxed years. So why can't I work harder for two weeks and then go back to being all relaxed?

It's probably a mix of many reasons but fact is that my future depends on those exams. So here's what helps me get up in the morning to do some studying.



1. Set goals!
If you're a person that usually doesn't have to work hard to get great results this one might be the hardest part for you. A study plan helps you so much. You will get a clear idea of how much time you have left, how much you need to get done and when to be fully prepared for the exams.

2. Fool yourself!
I personally like to add 2-3 more chapters to my to-do list knowing very well that I will never do them on schedule. But the knowledge of not having done them bugs me so hard that I will have the will to continue the next day. Like that I'll have done what I should have and also have gotten the drive to go on the next day.


3. Take a Break!
You really need breaks. Let it be your lunch break or dinner break but do get some time away from your materials. After an hour you'll start to lose your concentration. This helps you avoid that plus it keeps you from snacking because your body will remember that you've eaten already and you won't be hungry an hour later again.


4. Be Honest!
You will think that since you didn't have to work hard in the past you'll get by somehow this time too. But think carefually about this: Where would you be if you had put in a little more effort back then? Of course it's great that you're naturally intelligent but why would you settle for less? Just think of the results you could get if you really tried! It's usually less than a month that you have to be diligent. So why not push through it?

5. Don't Panic!
The last step is to not freak out. On the day before the exam you should do something relaxing because seriously you won't get anything in your head anyways. I'm not saying that you should or could forget about the exam but don't do anything that will exhaust you. A fresh mind and rested body will achieve better results than a stressed and tired one.

These are my tipps. Another one would be to also avoid social media but that's a given I think. :D

What are your techniques?

C U Egos!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...