Thursday, March 27, 2014

When A Crappy Day Turns Into An Amazing Day!

Hi Egos, I'm sorry for blogging so irregularly this month! It's been crazy! I had appointments everyday and with daylight vanishing so early there was no opportunity to take some proper pictures.



Anyways I had on hell of a day today... I was supposed to go to Frankfurt for training. A simple one day trip and you guys know how much I love these business trips! However the universe had different plans. My flight in the morning got cancelled because the flight personnel is on strike (Maybe it's just a feeling but it seems as if they  do that every year...).

I was a bit panicked but I noticed that yesterday so I had plenty of time to change my flight into a train ticket. It meant getting up 2 hours earlier and riding the train 2 hours longer (so 4 more hours for this trip...) but who cares as long as I get there on time... On time is an intersting phrasee in this context. The train had to stop in the middle of the road which made me 45 mins late for my training. Way to make a great first impression...

This whole things goes on! As I try to do the online check-in for my flight back home (the strike was supposed to be over by then) the system just wouldn't work. After two lovely talks with two lovely womenn from two different hotlines I ended up with the same answer I had before calling them: I had to get to the airport 2 hours before my flight.


So what do I do? I go to the instructor of my training, explain to him the situation and also that I actually knew the things he was supposed to teach me (I actually just needed the certificate...). He said that I could go if I had to but I could clearly see how annoyed he was. Not only was I late but I also was a know-it-all and leaving early... Great networking... Really :D

Okay so I hurry to the airport and suddenly it all works out. It took me 5 minutes to complete the check-in. Yes I now had 2 hours of waiting ahead of me. Yes I actually didn't have to leave the training early. But who cares? I was glad the flight was even happening and I also have a new book. I'm reading Divergent which is soooo captivating.


I relaved at the airport, goofed around on these escalator-thingies that take you forward instead of upwards and was ready for takeoff. The pilot was incredibly nice and announced we would have perfect weather for the flight. So what else could I do? I had to take some airplane photos. And that is how I was able to forget all the crap that happened today!


Do you know these days when everything is a mess but one moment makes it all okay again?

C U Egos!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...